Call for Papers - Workshops
- Opening of the Calls for Papers - Workshops: November 15th, 2012
- Submission of Abstracts - Workshops: February 15th, 2013, last deadline
- Submission of Final Papers - Workshops: July 22nd, 2013, last deadline
- Abstract format: maximum 1500 characters
- Language for the abstract: English (mandatory) / French (optional)
- Maximum 2 proposed communications
After review by the workshop manager, propositions will be reviewed by the Organizing Commitee during the workshop attribution meeting held in March 2013. The results will be individually sent to each author by email.
- Final Papers format: maximum 25 pages in PDF
- Language for the communication: English / French / Spanish
All the papers presented during the Congress will be e-published on the European Network of Law and Society website (www.reds.msh-paris.fr), except contrary wish of their(s) author(s).
The best papers presented at the conference will result in book publications or special issues of journals. These publications will be worked out in narrow dialogue with the Chairs of Working Groups and Workshops. The selection of the papers will be done under the aegis of a committee of the publications, and on the basis of a process of peer-review.
No information on an individual proposal for a publication will be available before the communication itself has been presented.
Themes of the Workshops
- Research Committee on Sociology of Law of the International Sociological Association - Working Groups:
- Workshops :
- "Policy Intelligence in the Public Realm, Policy Intelligence as a New Public Policy Instrument"
Thierry DELPEUCH and Jacqueline ROSS
- "Making the EU Non-Discrimination Law and Policy Work: Theories, (Best/Worst) Practices and Ways Forward"
Barbara Giovanna BELLO
- "Between the Social and the Judicial: Tension, Absorption or Cooperation?"
Emmanuelle BERNHEIM and Pierre NOREAU
- "Mediation or Mediations : its Rationales, Issues, Appraisals"
- "Spaces of Justice and Courthouse Architecture: A Matter of Political Action?"
Patricia BRANCO and Paula CASALEIRO
- "Judicialization and Public Regulation of Religion"
Claire DE GALEMBERT and Matthias KOENIG
- "Main Changes of Police Organizations"
- "Justice Inside or Outside the State ? Justice Devices, Forms and Levels of Government"
- "How To Do a Rule And What Do Do With It? Bureaucrats Between the Fabrication and Usages of Legal Rules"
Jean-Michel EYMERI-DOUZANS and Gildas TANGUY
- "Interculturality and Multiculturalism"
- "Non-Compliance to the Rules and Disobedience Towards the Law"
Mauricio GARCIA-VILLEGAS and Aude LEJEUNE
- "Law and the Social Construction of Uncertainty"
- "Contemporary Issues in Legal Education"
Liora ISRAEL and Rachel VANNEUVILLE
- "L’enfance, entre droits et politique"
Valérie LARROSA, Delphine ESPAGNO and Gildas HIVERT
- "La "Soft Law" dans la construction de l’Union Européenne"
- "Social Services’ Law Policy Interplay: European and Italian Rules"
- "Discriminations in the Hearth of New Dynamics of Social Issue and Law?"
- "Transitional Justice and Political Peace Settlement"
- "Networking the Rule of Law: Influence of Legal and Judicial Standards in the West and the East"
Daniela PIANA and Michal BOBEK
- "Comparative Law as Communication"
Antonios Emmanuel PLATSAS
- "The Administration of Rights"
Anne REVILLARD and Pierre-Yves BAUDOT
- "Political Subversions and Contestations of the Trial "Form""
Violaine ROUSSEL, Laure BLEVIS and Déborah PUCCIO DEN
- "Environment and the Law: Popular Struggles, Popular Epidemiology and other Forms of Resistance "From Below" in Worldwide Areas at Risk"
Pietro SAITTA and Ilaria LAZZERINI
- "Legal Rules, Social Rules"
Vincent SIMOULIN and Gilbert DE TERSSAC
- "Rule of Law and Political Action Facing Environmental Conflicts"
- "The Use of New Legal Instruments by Regional Organizations"
Arnaud VAN WAEYENBERGE
- "What Kind of Legal Education Today?"